There is no fee to participate in EAOP, but interested students must apply. EAOP will consider applications from current 9th-, 10th- and 11th-grade students only; 12th-grade students are not eligible to apply.
Prospective participants must:
- Be enrolled in a high school or be affiliated with a community organization with an EAOP agreement on file.
- Demonstrate interest and motivation in pursuing a college education.
- Maintain a minimum 3.00 "a–g" grade point average (GPA).
- Have no D or F grades in "a–g" coursework.
Other factors considered:
- Be from an educationally and/or economically disadvantaged background.
- Attend a school with a limited college prep curriculum.
- Reside in a community with low college-going rates.
- Attend a school with below-average SAT/ACT exam scores.